- Investment Amount
- Investment Year(s)
- 2023, 2024
- Banking and finance companies use OpenJS projects to deliver everything from consumer banking to core aspects of their technology infrastructure.
- The German Platform Industrie 4.0 had identified Node.js as key for the web technology layer for applications in the context of digitalisation of industry.
- Europeana have developed a Node.js module for the Europeana API. Europeana empower the cultural heritage sector in its digital transformation.
- The EU funded SELFY project, which aims to address continuous assessments of the robustness and resilience of CCAM-enabled mobility solutions versus cyber-attacks, malfunction, misuse or system failure of the systems in use, has identified Node.js as a key technology component for their project work.
While these technologies are widely used and relied upon, by comparison there is far fewer people contributing back to these core projects. This investment aims to build a sustainable and scalable infrastructure that these contributors rely own to mantain and test these critical technologies as well as enhance their security.
STF is investing in:
- A single scalable continuous build, test and deployment infrastructure solution to deploy across all OpenJS Foundation-hosted projects, to shift the burden of securing and maintaining infrastructure support for OpenJS projects.
- Some of the OpenJS-hosted projects have reached the end of their own open source lifecycle and have become inactive. Through an infrastructure inventory and assessment, OpenJS will work with maintainers to implement a deliberate plan to sunset projects by moving to Emeritus Stage and producing required documentation.